Sunday, May 17, 2009

"I looked out the window and what did I see?"

Sometimes life is full of surprises. This past Friday, I was cleaning up the kitchen and doing laundry. I had the kitchen window open and I could hear a chain saw being used somewhere in the neighborhood. I didn't think anything of it. We have huge trees that border the north side of our subdivision and I thought the city was trimming them. They do that sometimes. I then walked into the living room and I saw Kevin in the front yard with a chain saw in his hands standing next to a huge pile of logs and sticks where our front tree used to be!  It was quite a sight! Our front yard tree (a newport plum) died this past winter. The trunk of it had completely split so we knew we needed to get rid of it before it fell over onto the house or something. A couple of weeks ago we got a quote from a tree service to have it taken out. It was a ton of money. I guess Kevin decided to take it down himself. Since we seem to have every tool imaginable, Kevin got our chain saw out and went to work. Now I have a stump in my front yard. There is only one thing that bothers me---- he didn't let me know so I could watch it come down, and that I didn't get a picture!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You'd have thought he'd say something. Like, "Hey! I'm going to go chop that tree down so if you hear something, it's me...." Men are so uncommunicative! A woman would have made it a party of it with lemonade and finger sandwiches....hee hee!

mindy said...

Or at least tell you, so you would know if he accidentally chopped off his arm or something....guys never think about practical stuff like safety though:)

Stefanie said...

Men- there is no understanding them.... but at least he took care of it without you nagging him!